Monday

Scuba Diving in Ambergris Caye Belize & Laguna Beach California

The following are some unedited pictures from Ambergris Caye, Belize for a week of underwater photography.


My father taught me much of what I know about photography, and I owe my passion for it to him and my mother. We went to Belize in May to go scuba divingThe airline asked me to sit in the copilot seat on the flight from the mainland to Ambergris Caye. I was so excited; it was a great start to our trip!





Swarming sharks! Our dive master, Earnest filled up a PVC pipe with fish to attract the nurse sharks. The water temperature was in the 80s and the visibility ranged from 50 to 60 feet. The pictures were taken with an Intova underwater camera, which can be removed from the housing on land. I like the double o-ring on the housing, but am not impressed with the light meter on it. These pictures need some post processing. My later photos will be processed and watermarked.




The eels like the smell of the fish as well. This one followed me around while I was filming it. I started to swim backwards at one point because he was coming a little too close!


Laguna Beach, CA

This photo was taken at Laguna Beach in December (best time to dive in CA) of myself and some dive buddies as we are making entry backwards into the waves for our dives. The waves were only about 2 feet tall, and visibility was 20-30 feet - good for cold California water!

Thanks to photographer Ed Ie http://edsphotocorner.blogspot.com/ for inspiring this post.

No comments: