Thursday

Turquoise Ocean Water Outside My Room in Bahamas | Scuba Heaven

San Salvador Island in the Bahamas is one of the best scuba diving destinations in the Caribbean. It is one of the outer islands of the Bahamas and boasts beautiful coral reefs, as well as reef sharks, and occasionally in winter, hammerhead sharks!

San Salvador Bahamas Outer islands beach

I went in winter and saw 2 hammerhead sharks together! They shy away from the loud noise of scuba diver's bubbles and rarely come close to divers. The reef sharks, on the other hand are friendly and curious about divers. This is an image of a reef shark as it swam over my head.

San Salvador Bahamas Shark diving


I had an excellent experience staying at Riding Rock Beach Resort on San Salvador, and diving with Tyler and his dive operation. I'll be back for more underwater adventures! Fine art underwater images and canvases are available - visit ambitonphoto.co for contact info.

No comments: